Welcome. This is a blog dedicated to First Edition books.
Whether they are antique, vintage, modern collectibles,
childrens, special editions or the holy grail, signed first editions...The hunt is on!

Thursday 25 April 2013

The Prince, the Showgirl and Me - First Edition


So, i have made my first ever first edition book purchase and I am quite exited. 'The Prince, the Showgirl and Me' is the diary of Colin Clark. Published in 1995 it tells of his time spent working as an intern on the set of 'The Prince and the Showgirl' and the close relationship he formed with its star Marilyn Monroe. You may have seen the recent film version of the book 'My Week With Marilyn' with Michelle Williams as Monroe, Kenneth Branagh as her co-star Sir Laurence Olivier and Eddie Redmayne as the author Colin Clark.

Finding this book was particularly exciting for me as I was an extra for the day on 'My Week With Marylin'. I got to dress up all 50's and walk up and down Charles Street in London all day, with passing vintage cars and old red double decker buses...oh and Eddie Redmayne :)



The original hardback edition of this book seems to be quite rare, they of course brought out a 'My Week With Marilyn' paper back when the film was released, which is obviously the same book. But what I've learned recently is that it is the original, first edition and first printing of books which are very collectible and can be worth quite a lot to the right person. If you have a look on amazon, the only few original hardbacks of 'The Prince, the Showgirl and Me' start at £60!

But you can buy my copy for £18 plus p+p if it interests you! 
Click here to visit my listing - The Prince, the Showgirl and Me

Siobhan x

No comments:

Post a Comment